Thank you to the 107 people who responded to the poll regarding holding dog owners accountable for the actions
of their dogs.
1) Do you believe a dog owner should be held criminally liable if his dog attacks and kills
or injurs a person?
2) Do you believe a dog owner should be held criminally liable if his dog attacks and kills
or injurs another animal?
**28 people who answered "yes" to questions 1 and 2 felt the severity/degree
of liability should vary dependent on whether the dog owner was knowingly negligent as opposed to negligent per
3) Do you believe that if owners are subject to criminal penalties for violations of animal
control ordinances (i.e., running at large), they should be held criminally liable for dog attacks?
**Although 8 people answered "no" to question number 1 above, 4 of those people contradicted
themselves by answering "yes" to question number 3.
4) Do you think there is any reason that a dog bite to either human or animal is justifiable?
5) Do you believe failure to hold individual owners accountable for the actions of their dogs
has ever resulted in punishment of dog owners as a whole?